Geography Graduate Program
Degree/Major - MA/Geography, MS/Geography, MS/Geography with Option in Cartography & GIS, MS/Geography with Option in Community & Environmental Planning
Admission Semester(s) and Application Deadline(s):
- Autumn admissions only. Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by January 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
Your Application Materials:
- Your application to be admitted to The University of Montana’s Graduate School is available for you to complete online here. Complete the application form and follow the additional instructions on that webpage.
If you wish to be considered for a Teaching Assistantship check the box in the online application asking if you wish to be considered for a Teaching Assistantship. Complete and send to the Geography Department a statement of interest and qualifications concerning the assistantship.
- Additional application materials to be submitted to the UM Graduate School:
- Official GRE scores with a test date that is within the past five years.
- The TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB are also required of international applicants who are not graduates of an English-speaking university (please see information in the International Admission section on the UM Graduate School website).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation - these may be completed online by your referees.
- Additional application materials to be submitted to the UM Department of Geography:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- A brief letter (separate from TA letter) explaining your objectives in graduate studies and why you wish to pursue those studies in the Department of Geography at The University of Montana.
To download this PDF of Gradute degree requirements, click here.